Through years of working alongside top Ford modular engine builders and racers, Diamond has created a shelf-stock piston that is engineered for engines producing 2,000+ horsepower. Previously, a piston of this magnitude would have required a custom job with added lead time and expense. But, with the massive surge in horsepower over the last decade, and the Ford modular engines propensity for big boost and power capability, it only made sense to build a serious shelf-stock slug.
- 2,000hp capable out of the box
- Shelf stock and ready to ship
- Available popular compression ratios and bore sizes
- Strong 2618 Aluminum material
- Premium ring set included.
Rather than tricks or gimmicks, the Mod2k is simply an exceptionally engineered piston with added material in key areas such as the crown, skirts, pin bosses, wrist pin and extra strutting to tie it all together. Properly allocated thickness and precision under-crown milling allow the piston exceptional strength without any unnecessary weight. The Mod2k truly are the best piston for your big-boost Ford, without the wait.
• 3D milling on piston crowns for ready to install finish
• Inboard forging design with fully machined under crown for maximum strength
• Valve pockets designed to work with most aftermarket cylinder heads
• Side gas ports for better ring seal
• Moly skirt coating for friction loss and skirt wear protection
• Top ring down dimension: .325"
• Premium 1.5mm x 1.5mm x 3.0mm ring package included
• Premium H-13 .225W wrist pins included chamfered for round wire locks
• Valve pocket depth: 0.165" intake and .070" exhaust
• 2618 material for High HP-NOS-Boost applications - rated for 2000HP
Bore Sizes Available (please choose from options):
.010" Over 3.562"
.020" Over 3.572"
.030" Over 3.582"
THESE PISTONS ARE MADE TO FIT 5.0 STROKER KIT COMBINATIONS ONLY
Compression Height: 1.200"
Rod Length: 5.850"
Dish volume: -5.5cc
Valve reliefs: Y - .165" Intake and .070" exhaust
Pin Diameter: .866" (OEM 4.6 and 5.4)
4.6 with .036" gasket = 10.39:1