Clinton Phalin turned to us for help with his project "WIDOW" 2008 Mustang. His goal was to have a twin turbo 3V street car with gobs of horsepower and torque on hand. The result: SUCCESS!! 992 RWHP and 939 LB-FT of TORQUE! This car is a beautiful ride with a lot of details and fine craftsmanship. Here is an excerpt from the article where they featured his built car in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine:
Although he lives way up north in Wisconsin, he is great friends with some influential, enterprising, and much warmer souls in Florida and Alabama. Discussion began with his friend Dale Metlika at ModMax Racing in Ft. Lauderdale (a subset of ProPower Performance Parts). Talk centered on the three-valve 4.6L engine and the inevitable horsepower tsunami. Metlika would science-out and build the backbreaker short-block. Rather than the stock aluminum cylinder case, he chose the proprietary-iron mix of the FRPP cast-iron Boss block (M-6010-BOSS50). With a renewed bore of 3.700 inches and a stroke of 3.800, he put together an exclusive 327ci parcel composed of a Kellogg forged steel crankshaft, 9.5:1 CP pistons, and Carrillo H-beam connecting rods, all of it a supreme hedge against the ravages of savage boost.
See the rest of the article here: http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/1...
This 327ci combination was custom built by ModMax with a host of parts we offer here including:
- Ford Racing BOSS 5.0 Block
- Custom Designed High Horsepower CP Pistons
- H13 Tool Steel Heavy Wall Pins
- Carrillo PRO H-Beam Rods
- ModMax Nitrided Stainless Steel Rings
- King HP Rod and Main Bearings
- ARP2000 Head Studs
- ARP Main studs and side bolts
- Melling 10340 Billet Gear Oil Pump
- ModMax Lifters and Rocker Arms
- Manley 3V Oversized Valves
- CUSTOM 3V Turbo camshafts
- Cometic 94mm 3V Head Gaskets
- All CUSTOM machine work and assembly
- Much, much more....